Image Map

Thursday 24 November 2011

Thankful.

What a wonderful day.
I had no set plans to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, A was working so I figured I would chill out at the house, hang out in my PJs and try and recover from this terrible chest infection I seem to have developed. (Yea...sorry for the lack of posting)
Well....instead I was invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving with her family.
We had a blast!
What a fun time hanging with her kids, family. We watched the game....
We ate a delicious dinner together.
We made homemade ornaments! (Awesome tradition idea)
We bounced on the trampoline (yes, the adults).
We played football. I was afraid it was tackle. It wasn't =)
We hung out some more & ate pie.
We watched Elf & cleaned up! Then had backrubs!
What an awesome day!
And the plus side is even though I didn't get to catch up on all my messages, returns everyones calls and organise things. I had a super awesome day! I even don't feel as sick! Awesome!
So yes....
I thought I would end with things I am thankful for. (This list is by no-means exhaustive!)

I had the book 'One Thousand Gifts' By Ann Voskamp recommended to me by a friend, and found it in the local library. It is about being thankful on a daily basis. So I am hoping to continue the idea of Thanksgiving into a daily thing. 

  1. Thankful for sweet friends & dear friendships. 
  2. I am thankful to God for His Word, His presence, Love & Awesomeness! 
3. Thankful for awesome food every day - not just today. 
4. Thankful for a beautiful home to live in & beautify with projects =)
5. Thankful for good health.

6. Thankful for this awesome man!
7. Thankful for phone calls with family, near & far!
8. Thankful for cars to drive around (& sometimes fix!)
9. Thankful for beautiful kiddos to watch!
10. Just thankful for too many things to count!

My plan is to write out 1000 things I am thankful for. To remember that each thing is a gift from God because He loves me so much. This includes 'falling asleep to the sound of rain'....mmm. 
To create an attitude of thankfulness on a daily basis.
What a beautiful day!
Much Love,
L


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment