Image Map

Thursday 10 November 2011

Dining Room {Gussy Sews LinkUp}

Source: hgtv.com via Ronda on Pinterest

With a few changes I think the above dining room arrangement could be my ideal picture of a dining room. As much as I admire and love the eccentric looking dining room ideas I can find on Pinterest, I am more of a classic look person. (I'm still working on how to make classic mix well with eccentric in a lot of areas)

I am so thankful for our home. 
Since having my sister & her fiance stay for a few days though, I am dreaming of a dining room for all of us to enjoy eating & spending time together. 
Our home is perfect for the two of us most of the time, but there simply isn't room for a large dining room table, we have rearranged our kitchen in the hope of making more room for the table in the meantime.
I am sure we will eventually move and when we do I have a desire for dining space.
Preferrably a combined dinning/living room or just open planned for those two rooms. 
I love the feel of being part of the rest of the house in a dining room.

Source: houzz.com via Lisa on Pinterest

I think my favorite attribute of the first picture is the fireplace. I am a huge fan of them, although I can't decide if I prefer them in a dining room or living room. Or perhaps both? 
Especially if you live in a place where the winters are cold. 
Either way, I would be all about decorating the mantle area.


Well that's my two cents for today on dining rooms. Any thoughts?
You guys should check out the rest of the links on Gussy sews.
Much Love,
L

Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love the chocolate and lime color scheme in the second picture. And the last picture I'm swooning over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! =) I love pinterest =)

    ReplyDelete