Image Map

Friday 21 June 2013

Those Slower Moments.



I have been making a habit lately to enjoy the little moments in my day.
I just finished work for the day, our home is peaceful and quiet with no sounds or distractions.
My parents are sleeping the other side of the world a mere few hours away from boarding a plane to come see us. Then quiet will have to be sought out, and that's ok.


The more I sit and just listen, the more I appreciate these moments.
While working I get the privilege of watching two precious little girls who continually teach me things.
And I am learning to appreciate the little moments with them in their curiosity.
Like figuring out why things work the way they work, or just why in general as it is the current favorite question.
And appreciating the snuggle moments with a baby who is definitely a toddler now and growing so fast. 
I'm learning to be thankful when she lets me hold her and give her a bottle. 
Admiring her precious little fingers and toes and kissing her sweet cheeks. 
Even on those days which are 'teething days' and seem hard, she just wants me to hold her.
And I'm really trying to love those days too, because there will be a day when she won't let me hold her anymore. 


So I am learning to appreciate the here and now.
Those little moments, the fleeting parts of the mundane days.
The parts that make up almost everyday and seeing beauty in those moments.

Much Love,
L


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like there are a lot of beauty in these days, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just came across your blog yesterday. I really enjoy your simple posts and your passion for purity. You have a wonderful, encouraging blog. I look forward to your future posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good that you're trying to see the beauty in the "slower" or routine parts of each day. Something I need to work on too.

    Check out my new Christian blog http://teamjesusuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete