Image Map

Sunday 16 June 2013

Recommended Reads. Booksneeze Part 2.



I would apologize for my lack of posting, but I won't as I have been just enjoying being present in real life and enjoying our new home, marriage, friends. So I will be in and out and thought I would share a recent good read today.


I have been really looking for some encouraging fiction lately. After moving and changing jobs, I found the dust settled and the long summer evenings have been perfect for kicking up feet in our gorgeous living room and picking up a good read. So after completing my last review for Booksneeze, I browsed through the available titles and The House that Love Built by Beth Wiseman immediately caught my eye.


I know they say 'never judge a book by its cover' but I'll be honest, I totally do. And this particular cover looked cute, plus I loved the dress on the front. This was also the first time I have ever read a book on my phone as it was only available for download. There were definitely times I wished I could physically hold the pages and see it lying on our coffee table enticing me to find out how the story ended.
(I guess I'm old school in the love of actual books) 


I loved the main characters, Brooke and Owen. I immediately found them easy to relate to as a reader. I particularly enjoyed how the author wrote from different perspectives throughout so you could hear the thoughts of each person. It was a realistic romance between two people who would not have naturally found themselves together without God's intervention. A story that made me wish there was a sequel so you can see where the Lord takes them next. 


I really enjoyed it as a light relaxing evening read. No thought required but I still came away encouraged in my own life after picking it up. I would recommend it to others looking for an encouraging story in how the Lord can restore lives, particularly those who experience loss and second marriages which are honoring to the Lord. 

I would not recommend it to single girls struggling with romance novels. Regardless of the good content and encouragement it is a romance.Waiting is a challenging but rewarding time in life and I wouldn't want to cause discontentment in such a season as a result of recommending this cute story.


Hope to be back around more soon friends.

Much Love,

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't posted much either for that reason also. Life's been crazy busy! That book looks so cute :) I'm reading Karen Kingsbury right now & of course loving her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have been experiencing MANY blessings in real life!! And can't wait to hear about them here in Blogland :) Love you girl!! Would love a skype date soon!

    ReplyDelete