Image Map

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Tutorial: Carving a pumpkin with a Cool Design.


This year I decided to use a design which I found online.
I am not the greatest at freehand with pumpkin carving.
In fact I still struggle when trying to copy a design =)
So this year Andrew came up with a genius idea!

  1. Find a design you like for your pumpkin (I would recommend google as it comes up with lots of different images). Pinterest may work if you have a specific one you have seen in mind.
  2. Enlarge the image on your computer (May need to download and zoom in)
  3. Take a piece of paper and gently trace the lines on the screen with a pencil (DO NOT push too hard!). A laptop may be easier for this as you can lie it flat and then trace.
  4. Take the paper and transfer the pattern to your pumpkin using a pin. Make dots along the lines onto the pumpkin. (I did mine pretty close together)
  5. Remove paper when finished and you are ready to carve! 

Hope that helps! 
Enjoy your pumpkins!
Much Love,
L



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment