Image Map

Monday 10 October 2011

This Winter's Quilt.

 Every Winter so far in our marriage (ok last year and now this year =) haha), I have made a quilt. 
Last winter I made an afghan which has been AMAZING on our bed this year. It's super warm and matches the colors in the bedsheets which I chose for our registry a year ago. 
I must have just liked the colors because I didn't even choose them based on the colors in the room =) 
It also works in the living room on our couches to curl under and watch movies in the evenings.
My plan is to make another afgan in different colors. I figured increasing our collection of homemade blankets would be a good thing to do over time.
This winter I am working on another quilt. (Pattern: Joanns ready made quilt set, kind of like this one)
This would be my first successful large quilt. I made a queen size quilt for my first quilting project but didn't use a pattern.....so it was redone several times. I have finally repieced it last Fall, it just needs finishing up. 
Since then I have been into making baby quilts....of which I have made about 5 of them in total. Great for gifts and I kept one for a Hope Chest item =)


This is the quilt for this winter.
I LOVE the colors.....it's the same pattern but different shades of greens, blues and browns. This photo is not the finishing quilt, hence the mistake of the 2 blue squares next to each other at the bottom.
My hope is to finish binding and filling it in the next few weeks.
I may or may not work on the other afghan this year. Will have to see if the yarn I want comes on sale.
What projects do you have for the winter?

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I really love the quilt- the colours are so pretty. I can't wait to get my hands on a sewing machine so I can start quilting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! The colors are gorgeous! Where did you find the pretty fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabric and pattern came from Joanns =) You can buy the premade packs and then keep the pattern and re-use which I have done with quilts in the past. Or if you're really creative, Joanns is just a fun place to pick any kind of amazing fabric =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I wish I knew how to quilt! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete