Image Map

Monday 5 January 2015

2014 In Pictures. (& some words)


Just like I did for last year, and even the year before...I thought it would be fun to look through several pictures of 2014 and share some of the memories. Its great to look back on these in the future and see in a glance everything that happened that year.  Even though it was a hard year for us, which can be seen in a lot of pondering and a lot less writing than usual, there were also great lessons learned and a lot of grace given by the Lord. 
It's a great way to look back with thankfulness, being able to see the Lord at work even in the mundane and hard moments. 
You may want to grab a cup of coffee/tea or hot cocoa, if you're like me and are trying to cut back on caffeine, because a lot of these links are worth the read. 


January




We started the year celebrating Christmas with Andrew's extended family & my sister and her hubby came with us. So we took a picture of the four of us, which doesn't happen very often. We also went skiing again last January, one of our few trips we take each year. I'm so thankful for this man and his great skiing/snowboarding skills, he taught me how to ski a few years ago now and we have such fun together. 
I also wrote about a daily choice, something I pondered last January about the expression follow your heart and how we could in fact be hindering each other by using the phrase.  


February



February saw a fun Stitch Fix date again, something Andrew and I have had a ton of fun enjoying especially in the Winter. Its a great way to spend time together, plus he has really good taste at putting together outfits and taking pictures. He's pretty talented! I also went to one of the sweetest baby showers for a dear friend. 
My favorite post from that month is on ways Love is not blind. As well as sharing ways we need to live by what we know is true and starting my battle with caring so much about what people think or say about me. 


March





March is a harder month here in the Midwest, the weather starts to really get to you with all the constant snow here. But we got to go on yet another ski trip which had the most incredible sunrises from the hotel balcony and then I spent a long weekend in Texas. That was definitely a great relief from the weather up here. I also rebranded this space
Texas was where I definitely met 'my girls' this year. I'm so thankful for this incredible group of women that the Lord brought into my life, there aren't words to describe the timing except that it was a god-thing



I can't wait to see them again this upcoming March! 
That group further confirmed my decision about going to Hope Spoken instead of any other conference. I was also so excited to see sweet Casey again and meet little Apple who I had prayed over during Casey's pregnancy. I will also never forget crying all over Danielle in the middle of a hotel ballroom, she taught me so much about grace and forgiveness this year. 


April




I gained boldness this month in sharing my story wanting to bring glory to Him through it and also encourage others who face similar situations and struggles in the process. Andrew and I also joined a small group at our church that worked through subtle sins in our lives, looking at the everyday idols facing the church today. It was quite a challenge to say the least.  
The community of ladies at our church also had another baby shower for a friend, its been crazy to see how the Lord really gave us community this year. 


May



This amazing man helped me celebrate my birthday with a bunch of friends this year. It was great to be able to spend another birthday with him as it's been a challenge to be together in May-time in the past. We played lasertag with about a dozen friends and then went to have dinner at Chilis. It was SO much fun! Who says a 20-something party can't be as awesome as when you're in high school. 
I also continued to battle one of my insecurities, I re-shared my testimony, made DIY moon dough with the girls I nanny for & finally posted pictures of our home the week we moved out of it haha! 


June







My family came to visit in the middle of the summer, so I didn't write very much here in this space. We were busy spending time with them, making day trips to various places and enjoying the little time we get to all be together. I wish I had more pictures from their time here this year, I didn't do a very good job at taking my camera with me this summer. Most of my photography has been on other people while trying to launch a business, so my personal pictures have taken a backseat unfortunately. I did share our new home a little, although it looks different in several ways already. As well as write about a family that inspired me to really trust the Lord and live with a whole lot more of faith than I currently do.


July


We went to the wedding of two friends we both knew in high school, it was fun knowing both the bride and groom for many years. So strange as we knew them both and then after college they reconnected and got married. Such a cute story! 
I also thought more about being a good listener


We also celebrated four years of being married. Can't believe its been that long already and yet it seems like I can't remember a time before I did life by his side. 



August



We got to see our nieces and nephews in the summer. We only see them about once a year, which is crazy when they are this little and grow so much in between visits. I also did another Stitch Fix date with my hubby.  



September


This space underwent a name change and I shared some thoughts behind it, as well as some thoughts about timing on our relationship,  timing about so many other things in life
One of the biggest things this year was that we decided to go to Kenya, this month was when I shared that we were going to start fundraising and following Him to where He was calling us


October




October was a very busy month so not much happened here, I started out with a trip to North Carolina to help a friend out with her two sweet babes. I got to see Charlotte and loved being in the south. Then business wise I had a bunch of portrait sessions from which I loved the above shots. Then on Halloween we boarded a plane to head to Kenya, a 48hr journey across the world which fried my poor nerves with about 18 hrs of flying time. 



November




November spoiled my camera and it hasn't been the same every since. Too many amazing pictures from the incredible beauty that we saw many thousands of miles from home. I started sharing just how amazing it was here and here. But still have yet to write about everything. 


December



The last month of this year was probably the hardest month of the year for me, for many reasons. We went through a lot but I definitely learned how to lean into God more and more about trusting Him with things that are totally not within my control. Trusting Him with dreams, timing, frustrations and help with cleaning up messes. 
I also shared about my understanding of home


This year lived up to the word I picked for it. Hope. It couldn't have been more appropriate for reminding me throughout all the ups and downs, the journey was always full of hope. Because He has never left us or forsaken us. My life verse (which I chose at 16) became such truth in the last few months. 


 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosperyou and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[Jeremiah 29:11]


I can't wait to pray & think more about a new word for the year ahead. I'm taking my time and hoping He gives me a word to hold onto as we start this fresh new year. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment