Image Map

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Just Rise Up By Sarah Francis Martin


I was given the opportunity this Fall to review Just Rise Up by Sarah Francis Marin, part of the Inscribed Bible Study Series for women. I loved the timing involved with reading this book as I started it right before our trip to Kenya. It seemed perfect to read her words about sharing our faith in a public way learning to be bold right as we were about to adventure to do that exact thing. 

I started in the weeks before our trip and actually finished after we returned. The study is based on Psalm 145 and calls us to consider whether or not God is actually the main priority in our lives, as He should be. Sarah breaks the study into five Chapters (topics) with five readings in each chapter. Ideally one reading per day with a place for journaling as you read, as well as questions to ask yourself encouraging you to think and dig deeper on the topics. 

The first section was all about living a live of praise, the study really encouraged and challenged me to begin thinking about how much I give praise to God during my daily life. Do I really acknowledge His gifts to me everyday? The Second section was on having a kingdom focus, really encouraging me to consider my daily activities and choices with an eternal focus and perspective. Section three dealt with pride and the issue of really bowing low before our king, recognizing my need for Him and His standing in my life before being able to rise up for Him. 
Section four is on our dreams and God's agenda, and lastly section five was about influence. 


This study was intense, which I wasn't quite expecting. Given that I had a deadline for the review, I really don't feel I gave it the time I needed to in order to enjoy all that Sarah intended it to offer. I will definitely be revisiting this again in the future though and taking the time to answer the questions and journal as I go. Because it really was so rich in wisdom and good questions to ask yourself.

I would absolutely recommend it to any woman looking for a great quiet time tool to use for several weeks. It is perfect for use in that way!  


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review from BookLookBloggers, however all views expressed are entirely my own thoughts and opinions 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment