Image Map

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Sarah's Choice By Rebecca St James.



Growing up, I listened to Rebecca St James' music all the time. I had her song Wait for Me as my ringtone on my phone & just looked up to her in so many ways. Her example of purity, surrendering her love story to the Lord and her own personal relationship with the Lord. I shared more thoughts on purity & waiting here. So of course, I wanted to read another book she had written, although wasn't too sure what to think since this was fiction and not non-fiction like all the others.

Meet Sarah Collins, a beautiful successful 20-something who is about to get a promotion at work that she has worked hard for. She finds herself hoping to replace a woman who is leaving on maternity leave at first, but probably not returning at all. Especially if corporate has anything to say about it. 

Then Sarah discovers she herself is expecting. Then she begins to question everything; her boyfriends ability to stand by her and support a baby, whether she even wants him to be in the picture, her past and her issues with the Lord following the death of her father.  She finds herself with more choices than she knows how to answer all in a very short period of time. 

An elderly lady leaves Sarah with a Christmas card as she exits from a family planning clinic promising her three visions to help her make her decision. Can she trust them? Is this all in her imagination? Could the God of the Universe really care about her unborn child?

I loved this very real, emotionally raw story. It read very easily and was difficult to put down once I got into the story. I found myself really connecting with Sarah and wishing I could love on her through her difficult time. It is a perfect story for anyone who's ever had a difficult decision to make. Appropriate for all ages as no detail given on the family planning clinic or events prior to her discovering the pregnancy. 

Let me know what you thought if you have read it? Or have you seen the movie?



Much Love!


Disclaimer: I did receive a copy of this book in exchange for review, however all views expressed are entirely my own thoughts and opinions

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment