Image Map

Friday 23 May 2014

Our Current Home: We move this weekend.


Bedroom: Reality of how it normally looks, but I love that gallery wall


I realized that just over a year ago when we moved into this home we had waited so long for, I mentioned that I would post pictures once it was painted. I think what I really meant was once it looked like a show home. So this week I devoured Myquillyn's book 'The Nesting Place: It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful' (full review coming soon: its awesome!) and found that I totally was hoping for this beautiful show home to show you guys through pictures.


But that isn't us, it just isn't who we are and how our home will probably ever look, and I'm slowly learning to be ok with that. 
So as I'm boxing it all up to move again to our new home, I figured now is as good a time as any to share how our home has looked this past year. 


Bathroom: That colored ceiling is incredible! My favorite room in the whole place!

Kitchen: Deep Wine red wall - I did hang pictures but apparently I don't have any pictures of the finished look.

Living Room: My African pictures with our warm colored throw pillows.


Reality: Christmas Morning in our Living Room 


My desk: Where many of the posts here have been created during the daily grind of life.
The pompoms were from tissue paper made for a party. 




Some Details I loved this past year:

A Winter DIY: I found these all on clearance at Michaels and made them for about $2 each! 

A Winter DIY: I made this wreath from things I had at home and bought the berries on clearance for $0.20 at Michaels.
Easter Wreath: I splurged and bought this from Target for just under $20


Numbered Portraits: Every year we've been married so far, we have taken a picture with the number. I can't wait to keep adding to this over time and see how our family changes. 
Artwork in the middle was done by the amazing Margaret Barley.

Don't you just love the two she sent me: (I can't wait to switch them out occasionally or start our second frame eventually)


Hope you enjoyed our REALLY late walk through of our home. Maybe it won't be a year before I show you the results of our move this weekend. 

Much Love! 

P.S. I can't wait to head over to The Nester and see all her projects for future ideas :) 

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the move! I've been the same way with our house...holding off on pictures until it's "perfect." Maybe this was a good boost for me to post some pictures anyway!

    ReplyDelete