Image Map

Monday 21 September 2015

For the Love By Jen Hatmaker


Having read bits and pieces of Jen's blog, I was exciting about reviewing this particular book. My instagram was definitely filled with various ladies enjoying it & so I was extremely excited when I saw it listed for review. 

This was definitely a fun, easy read. She had me laughing in many places & also ready to try the few receipes she included throughout. I did enjoy seeing the author's heart behind the message she was trying to put across. My biggest complaint with the book however is I didn't really feel that it focused on comparison or fighting for grace at all. A few chapters in it began to feel like a series of essays or blog post entries thrown together into a book. While still very enjoyable and amusing to read, I don't really feel the title was appropriate as this was not the focus of the book. There is also practically no mention of scripture references or discussion of grace in general in the book which felt a little misleading based on the title. 

I would still say it is a fun read and thought the author had a great personality. But perhaps a different title would have been more appropriate for the book?

Have you read any great books lately? 


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review from BookLookBloggers, however all views expressed are entirely my own thoughts and opinions 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment