Image Map

Monday 10 February 2014

Add some Spice.....Spicy Chili Recipe (Crockpot Style)




Well I am certainly not the greatest in the kitchen. I don't think I've ever made anything that A wasn't willing to eat, but there have been a couple of borderline meals when we first got married. Then about a year or two ago I tried out a crockpot. Several people had mentioned how easy they were to me when you are both out for the day and how they don't take a ton of prep time usually.

So I grabbed a little magazine style crockpot recipe book from the grocery store and threw the ingredients in to give it a try. You guys, I never looked back. 

In winter, I think I use that thing at least once a week if not more. And actually I just bought a 2nd one because I'm tired of waiting for us to transfer the contents and having to wash it thoroughly before I can use it again (Target has them for $20 + free shipping if you use your target redcard). I feel like I'm cheating every time I cook, which is awesome as I love having food that is made from scratch that tastes good. But I am not one of those types that finds cooking relaxing. I tend to spend a few hours on monday making meals for the entire week and then relaxing and enjoying them knowing I don't have to cook again for a whole week. 
(Yes, I am a meal planner complete with a little whiteboard)


So here's a little treat. I love this chili recipe in the winter. It is a little spicy, I adapted one of our other recipes & am not sure where I originally found it (oops!). 

1 lb ground beef
3 cans diced tomatoes (undrained) 
1 can Rotel
1 can pinto beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can black beans
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 tablespoons paprika
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder

1. Brown beef in pan and drain off the grease. (You can add some onion in there too, I left it out as hubby isn't a huge fan)
2. Drain all the beans and add all ingredients to crock pot.
3. Cook high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
4. Serve with cornbread or Ritz crackers, shredded sharp cheddar, or even sour cream if you like. 


Then enjoy an amazingly tasty meal & have your house smelling wonderful by the time 6pm rolls around. Win Win! 
What are your favorite crockpot meals???? I have SO many favorites! 

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... This looks good! My Favorite is Crock Pot Mac-n-Cheese, I could eat it every week. Though I am not sure my stomach would agree. : D BTW I like your blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yummy!!! I have never tried crockpot Mac and Cheese but I'm sure I would LOVE it!!! =)
      Haha yeah my stomach would have issues with it all the time too =) Thanks so much for your sweet words friend! =)

      Delete