Image Map

Thursday 13 October 2011

Enjoying the Leaves much?

 

Last Saturday, we managed to get some time together and decided to head out for a bike ride.
This was a plan from last year, we were planning on going biking when the leaves started to change color and just didn't make it out for the trip before I left. Then we spent the rest of the season apart. So this is my first Fall stateside, I'm loving it.
Andrew had the entire weekend off *one very happy Me* so we picked this weekend for our trip.
State park ~ Here we come!

We went out and even got a bike carrier for the car.
They are actually decently priced in Walmart and hey if it means you get to go on fun free  (minus initial cost of bike carrier & gas anyway!) adventures like these....I would highly recommend investing in one.
Anyway....Here are some fun photos. 

 My favorite Goofy guy.


Aren't the colors just stunning! =)

I should probably explain a little about what happened while we were there.
So I chose to look 'cute' for our day out. One can look ladylike and feminine while riding a bike. Seriously.
So I picked out a cute dress I got on clearance from Old Navy the day before ($9!), I did have shorts on underneath (not completely unrealistic). Plus I had washed my hair and tied it up cutely and worn flip flops. I figured it was one of my last chances to make the most of the cute summer clothing since its been like 80-90F for the past week. Doubt it will stay that way for much longer.
So we look at the map once in the Park and see there's a mountain bike trail.
Here's where the american translation was lost on me (doesn't happen that often really). I had in my mind, biking trail and thought oh cool a place we won't annoy pedestrians. Let's go!
Really it was an intense mountain bike trail! 
So we did the 5-mile trail....me in dress and flipflops =)
Well I felt stylish =)

 Working the dress at the 3 mile marker.
Yea baby! 

Fashion aside....it was a super fun trail.
Even if it was intense.
We had fun.
The colors were also breathtaking! 
Praise God for making such an artistic canvas of leaves in the Fall.



So glad no-one came up on the trail behind us at this point.

How are you guys getting out to enjoy the colors?
Much love,
Lisa

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. The trail looks so gorgeous. I think I'm going to have to do a fall walk tomorrow after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! =) I've been doing a bunch of walks before the weather seriously turns and we are full of snow for like 2 months =)
    Then i'll have to be creative again at being inspired =)

    ReplyDelete